Saturday, September 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2012 - Day 22: Inspired By A Song

Moi!!

I am late like always, what a surprise ;)

Today´s topic is very important and personal for me because I choose my favourite song ever!
HIM - The Funeral of Hearts 

I totally fell for this band when I was 14 years old and it was a song which stuck forever in my head. I just love it so much!
And now, 11 years later, I create a nail design inspired by the lyrics and the official music video :)

I would say, watch the video first and then check my pictures:


I tried to create a light blue/grey/black background like in the video and then painted a few symbols which appear in the lyrics. Sun, moon, wind (I choose clouds instead) and fire.
And of course the Heartagram, the band logo.

Polishes I used:

  •  Golden Rose Nail Art Polish
  • Wild and Crazy "Anchorage"
  • Snowcrystal Now Limited Edition "Powder Blue"
  • Rimmel I Love Fruities "Lemon Drop"

  • Lumene "Get Color"
  • Golden Rose "No. 213"
  • Wild and Crazy "Colorado Springs" 
  • China Glaze "Recycle"
I started with a light blue/grey gradient and after I painted the symbols with a tiny sponge and a toothpick on my nails. The black tip is painted with the nail art polish´s brush. 


 She was the sun, shining upon
The tomb of your hopes and dreams so frail.
He was the moon, painting you
With it´s glow so vulnerable and pale

She was the wind, carrying in
All the troubles and fears you´ve for years tried to forget
He was the fire, restless and wild
And you were like a moth to that flame


The Heartagram

I hope you liked my design idea :) See you tomorrow!!!


4 comments:

  1. Ein Superlied, du weißt ja, wie ich zu der Band und deren Songs steh *tief und verliebt seufz*

    Ich finde die Idee sehr schön umgesetzt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love HIM & you picked one of my favorite songs, too! The whole mani looks amazing, but the moon is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erstmal vielen herzlichen Dank für den Ohrwurm, den du mir gerade beschert hast! Heute Nacht träume ich dann wohl von Ville Valo ;)
    Ich finde, der Mond und die Flammen sind sehr schön geworden! Toll umgesetzt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That idea blown my mind :D
    I love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Have a great day!!
Danke für euren Kommentar ^_^ Bis bald!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...