Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Abstract Brush Stroke Manicure: Blue

Hiiiii Everybody!!

Omg....Are you as well so stressed like me? I FREAK OOOUT!!!
I seriously need a distraction or I will explode soon. So.. I guess I focus on my nails and tv-shows lol.

A while ago I saw on 2 great nail blogs a very cool, easy and awesome technique called "Abstract Brush Stroke Manicure"
Basically it looks like you spend hours on your nails, but it is actually very fast and soooo cool and easy to do :D

I saw these manicure with neon- and autumn colors in the internet, but was in such a "blue-mood" yesterday that I searched for all kind of great, useful blue polished I own and created the whole manicure based on one color - and I LOVE IT!!!
Ok, enough talk: lets get started!

Polishes I used:
  • O.P.I. - What´s With The Cattitude?
  • O.P.I. - Suzi Says Feng Shui
  • Essence Colour & Go - I´m Bluetiful
  • O.P.I. - Yodel Me On My Cell
  • China Glaze - Calypso Blue
  • Claire´s Polish - Blue Iridescent Glitter

I started with a coat of normal white polish, just to make the colour "pop" more :D It doesnt matter which brand you use.
The describtion of the Abstract Brush Stroke Manicure basically said "You simply use the brushes from the polishes and apply the colors semi-randomly, keeping an eye on balance and depth"

I felt that I should start with the darkest color first and stop with the lightest, even this was not the case in the 2 manicures I saw before - and I think it turned out pretty cool :)
And: it´s so fast! Every polish I picked I applied with a few strokes on all my 5 nails and went on with the next color.



The glitter looks useless in my pictures with flash - but under normal daylight or artificial light it has such a beautiful blue shimer, very gentle and not immediately to realise.
Here you can see it´s own color a little better.


Soon it´s weekend: my only motivation right now :D

See you later!!

3 comments:

  1. wow, this looks amazing :)

    xoxo
    svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Süßer Blog =)

    vielleicht hast du ja Lust hier bei meinem Gewinnspiel teilzunehmen?!

    Drücke dir die Daumen
    http://makeup-taeschchen.blogspot.de/2013/01/neujahrsgewinnspiel-fur-dich.html

    Sanny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :) Have a great day!!
Danke für euren Kommentar ^_^ Bis bald!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...